Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Gather Up the X-mas Flicks

Christmas Movies
Especially during finals time, I wish I had a night where I could just curl up with a cozy blanket, a mug of hot cocoa, and cue up all of my favorite Christmas movies. Maybe they're so special since it only feels right watching them once a year. The best Christmas movies of all time in my humble opinion (some obvious, some not so obvious) include:

1. Bridget Jones's Diary

Because chasing your lover through the snowy streets wearing only your sweater is so romantical. 


2. Elf (duh)

Yes, undoubtedly one of the best Christmas movies of all time, but Buddy also teaches you to let life excite you, which I love (Ex: "Good news! I saw a dog today!"). Plus, Buddy WORKS those yellow tights. 


3. While You Were Sleeping

An often overlooked holiday movie! WYWS is funny, romantic, and just makes ya feel good. All essential components of a holiday flick. 


4. Love Actually
Agggh! Such a wintery love story classic. You can't watch this movie and not fall in love with it. And guys, if you ever, EVER did this for any girl, she would be yours forever. Little free tip for ya right there. 


5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
I actually think it might be illegal to go through the holiday season and not watch this movie. I'll check that and get back to you. 


6. A Charlie Brown Christmas

It's just a tradition. You just have to. Look at him. He's like, "pleeeease watch my movie!"


7. Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation
Just holiday family craziness at a whole 'nother level. 


8. Home Alone
I love any movie that has been such a part of my holiday traditions that I feel like I'm 10 again when I watch it. Nothing says Christmas like a child handling a blow-torch. Kevin, you filthy animal.


9. To Grandmother's House we Go
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT. Sheer Classic. My parents used to get frustrated with me because every time we would go to the video store to rent a movie I would rent To Grandmother's House We Go (no matter the season). I like what I like, 'rents. 


10. A Christmas Carol
Triple dog daring to stick tongues on poles. Classic. The Red-Rider Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Model Air Rifle. Enough said. TBS let's you watch this movie pretty much 13 times in a row on Christmas. I'm down with that. 


11. It's a Wonderful Life
MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!!!!!! Anyone that has not watched this movie every Christmas since the age of five will not have the same appreciation for it that I have. George Bailey, and Zuzu, and Clarence have been such a part of my life every December; they have my heart. 


12. Sex & the City (say WHAAAT?!)
Yeah, okay, this TECHNICALLY is not a Christmas movie. But the themes of everlasting friendships and being there for the people you love are ... Christmas-y. K well there is a Christmas and New Years scene so it counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover